Articles of Faith
- We believe in one true and living God, and that
there are three persons in the God-head, viz.:
Father, Son and Holy Ghost. John 1:7, 10:30; 1John
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New
Testaments are the written word of God, that the
1611 King James translation to be the only reliable
translation of those scriptures, and the only rule
of faith and practice. 2Timothy 3:16; 2Peter
- We believe in the doctrine of eternal and
particular election. Romans 9:11-13; Ephesians
- We believe in the doctrine of original sin.
Romans 3:19, 5:12, 7:18-19.
- We believe in man’s impotency to recover
himself from the fallen state he is in by nature,
by his own free will and ability. Romans 8:7; John
6:44; Hebrews 1:3.
- We believe that sinners are justified in the
sight of God by the imputed righteousness of
Christ. 1Corinthians 1:30, 6:9-11, 15:21-22; Romans
3:22-24, 4:6-8, 5:21; Hebrews 1:3.
- We believe that God’s elect are sanctified by
God the Father, preserved in Jesus Christ, and
called by the Holy spirit. Romans 8:28-39; Titus
3:4-6; Jude 1.
- We believe that Baptism and the Lord’s Supper
are ordinances and that washing of the Saint’s feet
is an example of Jesus Christ, and that true
believers are the proper subjects. We believe
immersion the only mode of baptism. Acts 8:38-39;
John 13:14; 1Corinthians 11:24-28; Colossians
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead and
a general judgment. Acts 24:15; Romans 8:11;
1Corinthians 15:12-23,51-52, 1Thessalonians
- We believe that the punishment of the wicked
will be eternal, and the joy of the righteous will
be everlasting. Matthew 25:34-41.
- We believe that no minister has a right to the
administration of the ordinances, only such as are
regularly called and come under the imposition of
the hands of the presbytery. 1 Timothy 4:14-16;